Connecting Excel to StatX is as easy as 1-2-3
STEP 1: Install StatX Add-in to Excel
StatX Excel add-in creates a StatX ribbon (new menu tab) in Excel to easily create, update and fetch stats. Right-click any Excel cell to create a new connected stat from within Excel and bi-directionally connect your StatX groups and stats to your spreadsheet.
Download file and:
- Run “StatXExcelAddinSetup.exe” and complete the installation.
- StatX will show up as a new “StatX” tab in Excel.
The StatX Excel Connector is available as an Add-in to Microsoft Excel (2010, 2013 and 2016) on any desktop or laptop with Windows 7, 8 or 10. Not supported: Microsoft Excel for Mac, Microsoft Excel mobile app (Android or iOS).
Note: If you get an “Install error 0x8007007e” please install Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (Microsoft provided free download)
- Download Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center
- Re-download and install the StatX Excel Add-in again
Update/re-install Instructions: To update to latest version of Excel Add-in, close Excel, uninstall old Add-in (windows control panel > uninstall) and download and install latest Add-in using button above.
STEP 2: Login to connect StatX to Excel
You will need the StatX app installed on your iOS or Android mobile phone.
Connect StatX to Excel:
- Click “Login” in the ribbon area in the StatX tab in Excel. Enter “mobile number” and “Excel1″(name to identify authorization)
- Log in to StatX app on mobile and get access code for “Excel1” from Settings > Additional Authorizations
- Enter access code for “Excel1” in Access Code authorization pane in Excel
You should see a StatX tab in the Excel menu. Your Excel is now connected to StatX.
STEP 3: Make any cell in any spreadsheet in Excel a stat
Any cells in any Excel spreadsheet can now be connected to live stats on mobile with one-click updates sent to you and your team on any change.
- Select the cells that you would like to see in a stat, right-click on mouse (or tap Shift + F10 on keyboard), and select “Create Stat in StatX”
- Accept default values in the “Create New Stats” pane and click “OK” to create stat.
- Change group name, stat title, stat type (when relevant) to customize stat
- Open StatX App to see your new stat
- To update stat, change cell value in Excel, right-click and select “Update Stat in StatX”
StatX ribbon has advanced commands to create stats using templates, fetch stats from StatX and send updates from Excel to StatX. Stat away!